openstack CPI can be used with OpenStack.
- Release: cloudfoundry-incubator/bosh-openstack-cpi-release
- Issues: GitHub Issues
- Slack: cloudfoundry#openstack
An OpenStack environment running one of the following supported releases:
And the following OpenStack services:
- Identity: BOSH authenticates credentials and retrieves the endpoint URLs for other OpenStack services.
- Compute: BOSH boots new VMs, assigns floating IPs to VMs
- Image: BOSH stores stemcells using the Image service.
- (Optional) OpenStack Networking: Provides network scaling and automated management functions that are useful when deploying complex distributed systems. Note: OpenStack networking is used as default as of v28 of the OpenStack CPI.
- (Optional) OpenStack Block Storage: BOSH creates persistent volumes. While it is technically possible to use BOSH on OpenStack without block storage, you won't get persistent volumes without it.
The following table maps BOSH concepts to their OpenStack-native equivalents.
|Availability Zone||Availability Zone|
|VM Config Metadata||BOSH Registry, HTTP Metadata service or Config Drive|
|Virtual IP||Floating IP|
|Disk Snapshot||Volume Snapshot|
|Stemcell||Virtual Machine Image|
The following sections describe some specific BOSH features supported by the CPI.
The CPI supports multiple NICs being attached to a single VM.
|Manual||Multiple networks per instance|
|Dynamic||Single network per instance|
|VIP||Single network per instance|
|Native Disk Resize||Supported, v33+|