- Verified with grootfs-release v0.6.0
Hi garden consumers! We’re pleased to present a fresh new garden release with the following great new features:
- Fixed significant performance degradation for long-running deployments (due to a memory leak in a dependency).
- Support for a new ContainerSpec.Limits.Pid.Max field to limit max processes in a container (note: uses new PID cgroup, requires 4.4+ kernels)
- No default for
debug_listen_address property any more - default is not to listen. If you wish to enable debugging, you should explicitly opt in.
- We now use the
iptables-restore packaged in the bosh release rather than relying on whatever’s in the base OS
- Improvements to network_plugin API for BulkNetOut
- Improvements to image_plugin API. Now testing against grootfs in pipeline and listing compatible versions in these very release notes.
You will notice that these very release notes now list compatible versions of grootfs. These are the releases we have tested this version of garden-runc against. GrootFS is the new Garden Root Filesystem management component. We intend to eventually deprecate the built-in rootfs management in Garden in favour of GrootFS. At this point GrootFS is (very) experimental, but those who wish to test with it can find instructions in the grootfs-release repo. We will officially deprecate the built-in rootfs manager and then give a timeline for its removal in later releases.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release?v=1.0.4 --sha1 ef218cc8cc2ea5a874a59becabdf957e52976939
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: garden-runc version: "1.0.4"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: ef218cc8cc2ea5a874a59becabdf957e52976939 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release?v=1.0.4 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/garden-runc-release?v=1.0.4