Changes from v1.8.1 to v1.9.0
- Verified with garden-runc-release v1.2.0.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.2.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v95.
- Verified with cf-mysql-release v34.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-rootfs-release v1.53.0.
IMPORTANT: This version of Diego subtracts the maximum size of the cell’s download cache from the advertised disk capacity of the cells in order to guard against cases where the cell VMs actually run out of ephemeral disk space on account of competition from instance and system disk usage. This more conservative advertised capacity may result in an increase in placement errors due to insufficient resources in environments that have relatively small disks provisioned. Operators may still configure this capacity manually via the
- As a Diego operator, I expect cells to be able to account for disk usage more accurately so that app instances can start reliably
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to delete a completed Task
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to subscribe to BBS LRP events
- Add route-emitter routing-table benchmarking to CI
- Increase the number of samples on the route-emitter benchmarks
De-Consuling Locks (Experimental)
- As a CF developer, I expect the auctioneer typically not to be unavailable for longer than 1 second during a rolling BOSH deploy when using relational locks
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt the auctioneer and BBS into relational-lock mode via minimal manifest-generation arguments
- inigo should use different grootfs store_path for each runner / ginkgo node
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #280: Use garden.privileged_image_plugin if GrootFS is enabled
Test Suites and Tooling
- Investigate how to get the full inigo logs on failures
- Add a job to CI that will fail if
pb.gofiles aren’t up to date and block candidate
- We should have an environment in CI with TLS enabled for the BBS SQL configuration
- inigo-mysql flake
- units-common flake
- units-mysql flake
- Investigate flaky units common: locket
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
diego.executor.auto_disk_capacity_overhead_mb: Additional overhead factor to subtract from available auto-configured disk capacity.
BOSH link changes
ssh_proxy link to
ssh_proxy job template.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.9.0 --sha1 8c860d86d1bba5774a966e01d4233f6604ef5371
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "1.9.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: 8c860d86d1bba5774a966e01d4233f6604ef5371 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.9.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.9.0