Changes from v1.5.4 to v1.6.0
- Verified with garden-runc-release v1.1.1.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.2.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v90.
- Verified with cf-mysql-release v32.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-rootfs-release v1.46.0.
IMPORTANT: If you use the
examples/aws documentation to deploy a BOSH director and a Diego-backed CF to AWS, please be aware that some of the arguments to the
deploy_aws_environment script have changed to be more explicit about actions to take on the AWS CloudFormation stack and the BOSH director deployment. The instructions and script also now use the new v2 BOSH CLI and the bosh-deployment repository to deploy the BOSH director. If you have previously deployed your director with
bosh create-env in the new CLI will understand its state file, but you may need to transfer some configuration to new stubs manually.
BBS Relational Datastore
- As a Diego operator, I expect the BBS to guard against network failure of its MySQL database connection
- cloudfoundry/bbs #16: Split configuration for open and idle database connections
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #258: Enable setting idle and open connections in bbs
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt the auctioneer into specifying a maximum deployment-wide capacity of allowed in-flight starts
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to filter the Task list by domain and/or cell ID
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to create a Task
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #259: Bugfix diego.rep.trusted_certs leading two spaces in first certificate
- Add BP support to WAL - As a developer, I want to push apps and specify an HWC Buildpack, because I’m pushing an HWC app CF-style.
Component Logging and Metrics
- As a Diego operator, I expect the BBS benchmarks dashboard timescale to be configurable, defaulting to 1 week
Test Suites and Tooling
- As a Diego developer, I expect the benchmark bbs test suite to fail if the results cannot be uploaded to S3
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #246: examples/aws: use v2 BOSH CLI and bosh-deployment
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
diego.bbs.sql.max_idle_connections: Maximum number of idle connections for the BBS to retain to its relational database.
diego.rep.consul.require_tls: Whether to require mutual TLS for the rep’s communication to the local consul agent.
diego.rep.consul.ca_cert: CA certificate for the rep’s TLS communication to the local consul agent.
diego.rep.consul.client_cert: Certificate for the rep’s TLS communication to the local consul agent.
diego.rep.consul.client_key: Private key for the rep’s TLS communication to the local consul agent.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.6.0 --sha1 326f9b0603f702d0ee8ea813246e7d9667f3f243
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "1.6.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: 326f9b0603f702d0ee8ea813246e7d9667f3f243 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.6.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.6.0