Changes from v1.19.0 to v1.20.0
- Verified with garden-runc-release v1.8.0.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.4.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v112.
- Verified with cf-mysql-release v35.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-release v1.134.0.
De-Consuling Locks (Experimental)
- As a Diego operator, I expect the locket servers to emit different logs and metrics for expired locks and expired presences
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to claim a locket lock
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to claim a locket presence
Container Networking Support (Experimental)
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt the route-emitters into broadcasting instance IPs and ports in HTTP and TCP route registrations so that the routers can connect to them directly
v2 Loggregator API Adoption (Experimental)
- As a Diego operator, I expect the cell reps to emit Golang runtime metrics through the v2 loggregator API if so configured
Declarative Health Checks (Experimental)
- As a BBS API client, I expect to be able to opt the Linux and Windows cell reps into preferring the declarative healthcheck over the Monitor action
- As a Diego operator, I expect the Linux and Windows cell reps to perform the declarative healthcheck via a long-running healthcheck process instead of via periodic process invocations
App Logging and Metrics
- As a CF developer, if my application instance is killed because of an out-of-memory error, I expect to see an indication of the out-of-memory error in the instance log stream
Component Logging and Metrics
- As a Diego operator, I expect the BBS to produce adequate logs when sending the rep messages to stop LRP instances or cancel Tasks
- As a Diego operator, I expect that the jq blob in diego-release indicates its version
- submodule counterfeiter
- figure out how to fix ifrit’s data race/panic
Test Suites and Tooling
- Run the auction/simulation test suite in CI
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #313: Add rep.placement-tags property to vizzini job
- Modify dusts to consume dora from cf-release currently being deployed
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #318: Add support for connecting to Locket DB over TLS
- BOSH-Lite Diego deployment should configure components not to skip SSL verification
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
diego.locket.sql.require_ssl: Whether the locket server should require a TLS connection to its SQL database. Defaults to
diego.locket.sql.ca_cert: Bundle of PEM-encoded CA certs for the locket server to trust when connecting to the SQL DB over TLS.
vizzini.rep.placement_tags: List of placement tags to apply to LRPs and Tasks created in the vizzini test suite.
enable_declarative_healthcheck: Whether the rep should prefer the
CheckDefinitionon an LRP specification to the
Monitoraction for health-checking LRP instances. Defaults to
register_direct_instance_routes: Whether the route-emitter should use the instance-specific IP and container-side ports when registering HTTP and TCP routes. Defaults to
enable_declarative_healthcheck: Whether to enable declarative health-check tests in vizzini. Defaults to
BOSH link changes
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.20.0 --sha1 a2c9146985289f842e61220d98a13e00e307f94d
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "1.20.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: a2c9146985289f842e61220d98a13e00e307f94d release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.20.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.20.0