Changes from v0.1479.0 to v0.1480.0
- Verified with garden-linux-release v0.339.0.
- Verified with garden-runc-release v0.4.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v58.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-rootfs-release v1.18.0.
IMPORTANT: Starting with this final release, v0.1480.0, Diego now officially supports MySQL and Postgres relational data stores to back the BBS server. Operators of Diego deployments should now consider which relational data store deployment will be suitable to back their new and existing Diego deployments, as a relational data store will be required configuration when Diego advances to major version 1. Please see further documentation on Diego data stores for a more complete description of the supported options and of how data will automatically be migrated from etcd to the relational store when both are configured.
BBS Relational Datastore
- As a Diego operator, I would like the diego-release documentation to explain my options for Diego’s data store so that I can be assured of upgrading safely
- As a Diego operator, I expect to find that relational database support is no longer experimental so that I can safely migrate my deployment to it
- As a CF developer, I expect the Diego healthcheck to log and to exit with different status codes for different types of failures
- As a Diego operator, I expect that the diego-sshd process command line does not contain credentials so that unauthorized actors on the Cell VM cannot enter the container via SSH (in flight)
- As an app developer, I expect that the system should unregister HTTP routes for instances that are no longer desired (in flight)
Volume Support (Experimental)
App Logging and Metrics
Component Logging and Metrics
- As a Diego operator, I would like each final version of diego-release to have a complete list of metrics emitted by the Diego components with types and descriptions
- As a Diego operator, I expect to have high-level documentation for deploying Diego alongside an existing CF deployment
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1480.0 --sha1 c5c1cdde94665a55152f69238bb7476a124c3efd
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "0.1480.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: c5c1cdde94665a55152f69238bb7476a124c3efd release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1480.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1480.0