Changes from v0.1454.0 to v0.1455.0
This version of diego-release completely removes the Diego Acceptance Test suite, or DATs. This test suite had already been largely consolidated with the CF Acceptance Tests, or CATs. CF v231 contains a version of the CATs that can be targeted at either the Diego backend or the DEAs, and which includes all the remaining tests of Diego-specific functionality from the DATs. The CATs are now the only supported mechanism for verifying the CF-level functionality of a CF deployment backed by Diego. Please consult the CATs README for more details on running it with the appropriate configuration.
The Diego Smoke Tests are also redundant with the CF Smoke Tests, and will similarly be removed in favor of the CF tests in an upcoming release. If you are using the Diego Smoke Tests to monitor a CF deployment backed by Diego, please switch to using the CF Smoke Tests as soon as possible.
- As a Diego developer, I expect the Diego BBS-benchmark test suite to include per-record reads and writes in the rep bulk loop
- LRPConvergence, route-emitter, and Nysnc bulk loops should operate on their default intervals in the benchmark-bbs suite
- Spike: evaluate the performance of the relational-db-backed BBS against an HA deployment of cf-mysql (in flight)
- As a CF user, I expect trusted certificates to be available to cflinuxfs2- and Docker-image app instances in a conventional location
- Bump diego-ssh in windows_app_lifecycle
- As a CF user, I expect that an SSH session into a CF instance should have same environment that the app process does (Take 2)
- cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-ssh #20: Use updated sftp Server constructor
- SSH-Proxy authenticators should check more strictly for guid fields in user names
- Fix data race in diego-ssh ssh-proxy.
- cloudfoundry-incubator/diego-ssh #18: add flags for specifying allowed cipher,mac,kex algorithms
- As a space developer, I expect the ‘source’ for task logging to be [App/TASK/TASK_NAME]
- When CC misses a task callback when Diego completes a task, the task result should eventually be updated.
- As a space developer, I can cancel a task
- When Diego misses a task cancel when CC deletes or cancels task, send another cancel to Diego
- Diego-release route_emitter ctl script should properly encode NATS password
- cloudfoundry-incubator/nsync #6: Dont populate cf-routes if CC does not send routes
- operator should be able to discover whether the number of events sent by route-emitter is different from the number received by gorouter (in flight)
Test Suites and Tooling
BOSH job changes
- Removed the
BOSH property changes
- Removed all BOSH properties under
benchmark-bbs.percent_writesproperty: Percentage of actual LRPs to write on each rep bulk loop in the BBS benchmarks.
diego.rep.trusted_certsproperty: Bundle of trusted certificates to be made available to all containers on the cell.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1455.0 --sha1 aded26a9d46cefa85a650d331dd9bbf8c0480341
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "0.1455.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: aded26a9d46cefa85a650d331dd9bbf8c0480341 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1455.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1455.0