The cf-release v220 was released on October 08, 2015.
- These release notes reflect the changes since v219, even though v219 was marked as a “pre-release”. The issue with v219 was minor, but if you skipped from v218 straight to v220, you should study release notes for both v219 and v220.
- All route registration for UAA, Cloud Controller, Loggregator, and HM9000 is now being done by colocating the
route_registrar job. These components no longer advertise routes in their own source code. See job configuration examples for UAA, Cloud Controller, Loggregator, and HM900.
- UAA now uses statsd to emit metrics to a colocated Metron Agent, which then forwards them on to Doppler and eventually out any Firehose you have configured and deployed. This is in service of deprecating the Collector and all /varz endpoints. You should collocate
Contents: - CC and Service Broker APIs - Runtime - Buildpacks and Stacks - Identity - Routing - Loggregator - Internal Components - Job Spec Changes - Recommended BOSH Release and Stemcell Versions - Recommended Diego Version - Recommended Garden Linux Version
CC and Service Broker APIs
CC API Version: 2.39.0
- [Experimental] Work continues on /v3 and Application Process Types details
- [Experimental] Work continues on Private Brokers details
- [Experimental] Work continues on Route Services details
- cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng #442: Introducing idempotency to service instance deletion details
- Improve api doc for file permissions on app bits upload endpoint details apidoc
- modify migration to support newer mysql versions details
- Removed route registration from CC job. This is now handled by the route_registrar job in cf-release details
- See release notes for v218 for details on the route_registrar job
- Close warden connections when destroyed. details
- Close connections when staging is completed. details
Buildpacks and Stacks
No changes from v219.
- Bumped UAA to version 188.8.131.52 details
- Work continues on support for TCP routes in CF with
- Thanks to a PR from CAFxX, Gorouter logging performance has been optimized, log output is now consistent for missing fields, and superfluous zeros are no longer printed for request duration (story)
Job Spec Changes
route_registrarjob to accept tags to include with its route registrations. details
Recommended BOSH Release and Stemcell Versions
- BOSH Release Version: 201
- BOSH Stemcell Version(s): 3026
These are soft recommendations; several different versions of the BOSH release and stemcell are likely to work fine with this version of cf-release.
Recommended Diego Version
This is a soft recommendation; several different versions of the diego-release may work fine with this version of cf-release.
Recommended Garden Linux Version
- Garden-linux final release v0.307.0
This is a soft recommendation; several different versions of the garden-linux release may work fine with this version of cf-release and the aforementioned version of diego-release.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release?v=220 --sha1 010b29586d3ccebc165dc596aa4d43c51dfdc878
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: cf version: "220"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: 010b29586d3ccebc165dc596aa4d43c51dfdc878 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release?v=220 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-release?v=220