- Connections to database are severed when node becomes unhealthy
- HAProxy has been replaced by Switchboard as the proxy software
- Made timeout for when a node is determined unhealthy configurable with
- Switchboard provides a dashboard that clearly displays node health in real time
- Switchboard provides an API to retrieve node heath
- Switchboard provides a configurable healthcheck port
- Upgraded to MariaDB 10.0.16
- Upgraded to Galera
- Fixed bug where quota enforcer could fail when broker hasn’t finished initializing
- Updated templates to use Ubuntu Trusty stemcell version 2859 by default
- Default instance type on AWS increased to m3.large
- Default instances on vSphere have been increased to 4GB RAM, 2 CPU, 10GB persistent disk
- Default compilation instances on vSphere have been increased to 4GB RAM, 4 CPU, 20GB persistent disk
- Default plan names no longer contain -dev suffix
- Improved logging for various subcomponents (proxy/switchboard, mariadb_ctrl)
- Improved documentation around bootstrapping, latency, etc.
- The acceptance-tests errand runs only smoke tests by default
- MySQL job
- Proxy job
properties.proxy.port(defaults to 3306)
properties.proxy.api_port(defaults to 80)
properties.health_port(defaults to 1936 for backwards compatibility with HAProxy)
properties.external_host(which prepends “p-mysql” to the value of
properties.external_domainin the spiff templates)
- Acceptance-tests job
properties.smoke_tests_onlyboolean (defaults to true)
timeout_scaleto adjust test command timeouts (defaults to 1)
Upgrading from previous releases
Requires cf-release v193 or higher to support users changing the service plan for an instance. 1. In your stub, change the following properties from:
jobs: - name: proxy properties: haproxy_stats_password: <password> mysql_ips: <ip list>
to (values chosen to preserve functionality):
jobs: - name: proxy properties: proxy: api_username: admin api_password: <password> cluster_ips: <ip list>
- Generate your manifest as described in Create Manifest and Deploy.
* The galera version was erroneously reported as 25.3.9. It is in fact 25.3.5. We regret the error.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release?v=18 --sha1 b82c2502a7f37207fb12e6a63f10a03ca4b2fa58
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: cf-mysql version: "18"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: b82c2502a7f37207fb12e6a63f10a03ca4b2fa58 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release?v=18 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/cf-mysql-release?v=18