Changes from v1.14.1 to v1.15.0
- Verified with garden-runc-release v1.5.0.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.4.0.
- Verified with etcd-release v102.
- Verified with cf-mysql-release v34.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-rootfs-release v1.115.0.
IMPORTANT: This version of diego-release introduces some changes to the
-N flag that enables integration with the cf-networking release. In the extremely unlikely event that an operator is upgrading an existing Diego deployment on v1.1.0 or earlier and intends both to migrate their data store from etcd to SQL and introduce the cf-networking components in the same upgrade, they must add the etcd service manually to the consul agent configuration in the networking stub. See the
-N flag documentation for more details.
NOTE: This version of diego-release shortens the instance GUIDs for app instances to 28 characters so that they will fix within the logging prefix in
iptables logs. This change should not affect anyone, but we are noting it to obviate concern that the identifiers were being truncated accidentally.
- Empty NetInfo on ActualLRPs should be encoded as an empty NetInfo object rather than an empty string.
Local Route Emitters
- As a Diego operator, I expect the local route-emitter to process events cached during its sync loop correctly so that application routes are registered quickly
De-Consuling Locks (Experimental)
- As a Diego operator, I expect components to retry maintaining their locks if they get an error communicating with the locket server
- Add the
loggregator_v2 andlocket packages to the check_proto job in ci
Container Networking Support (Experimental)
- diego manifest generation scripts work with silk
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #304: Update diego manifest generation to use new networking jobs
Component Logging and Metrics
- As a CF operator, I expect my app instance guids to fit within the 28-character iptables logging prefix limit so that I can match iptables logs exactly to the instance guid
- Upgrade golang in diego-release to 1.8.1+ (in flight)
- cloudfoundry/bytefmt #14: bytes: Allow for float byte sizes
Test Suites and Tooling
- The DUSTs should fail fast when the background poller receives an error.
- Revert “disable keep alives for gorouter” in the DUSTs
- Dusts should log everything on the debug logging level.
- As a Diego PM, I expect CI to run the BBS benchmarks at scale against a Postgres-backed BBS (in flight)
- As a Diego developer, I expect to be able to run the BBS benchmarks against BOSH-Lite easily
- As a Diego operator, I expect the rep to be able to download and upload assets from servers that support a broader range of cipher suites in TLS
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
BOSH link changes
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.15.0 --sha1 68e588e24621370edfefa3705b4b7808ffacdbd3
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "1.15.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: 68e588e24621370edfefa3705b4b7808ffacdbd3 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.15.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=1.15.0