Changes from v0.1484.0 to v0.1485.0
- Verified with garden-linux-release v0.342.0.
- Verified with garden-runc-release v0.8.0.
- Verified with garden-windows-bosh-release v0.0.5.
- Verified with etcd-release v67.
- Verified with cflinuxfs2-rootfs-release v1.28.0.
IMPORTANT: This version of the Diego BOSH release contains a minor change to how the BBS encryption-key labels and passphrases are rendered in the BBS control-script template. Previously, these values were enclosed verbatim in single quotes, which prevented most interpolation of special characters. This choice of escaping would in some cases disallow operators from using the single-quote character
' itself, or would silently cause their removal (for example, turning
quotes). With this release, these values are preserved as intended from the manifest via shell-escaping. We expect this change should affect very few operators, and certainly not those using only alphanumeric characters and spaces in their passphrases, but nevertheless please verify that your encryption key data is rendered correctly when you upgrade to this release.
BBS Relational Datastore
- As a Diego operator, I should be able to configure my Cells with placement tags
- As a BBS API client, I should be able to specify placement tags on DesiredLRPs
- As a BBS API client, I should be able to specify placement tags on Tasks
- As a Diego operator, I should be able to configure my Cells with both required and optional placement tags
- Desired LRPs and Tasks should not allow negative memory/disk limits.
- As an operator, I expect the cells to default to checking the health of an unhealthy instance every 2 seconds so that I reduce the process load on the cells
- As an app developer, I expect Diego cells to shut my app instances down gracefully even if they are being stopped because the cell has hit its evacuation timeout
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to list all the ActualLRPGroups for a particular DesiredLRP
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to list all the ActualLRPGroups for a particular DesiredLRP at a particular index
- As a cfdot user, I expect to be able to retire a particular ActualLRP instance by process guid and index
- As a Diego operator, I expect to be able to opt-in to auto-configuration of the rep’s zone from its Azure FD only when available
- Remove legacy and unused config properties from Loggregator components
- As an operator, I should be able to use special characters in my BBS encryption keys and labels
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #191: Merge arbitrary garden linux properties.
- cloudfoundry/diego-release #193: Fix template generation for garden-runc versions
Test Suites and Tooling
- As a BBS client, I would like the old LRP events endpoint no longer to be deprecated so that I can be assured of its continued existence
BOSH job changes
BOSH property changes
diego.rep.placement_tags: List of placement tags for the cell rep to advertise and require of workloads.
diego.rep.optional_placement_tags: List of placement tags for the cell rep to advertise, but not to require of workloads.
Upload this release version to the Director:
$ bosh upload-release https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1485.0 --sha1 e93d4f22205897e4b34ff791de43d4288c6e25c5
Modify deployment manifest to use this release in addition to any other used releases:
releases: - name: diego version: "0.1485.0"
Finally add needed deployment jobs and specify values for required properties.
Optionally download sha1: e93d4f22205897e4b34ff791de43d4288c6e25c5 release tarball locally:
# ...or download it directly using curl $ curl -L -J -O https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1485.0 # or with wget... $ wget --content-disposition https://bosh.io/d/github.com/cloudfoundry/diego-release?v=0.1485.0