Used for registering routes
???s with appropriate values.
Following example does not account for release job
collocation or for optional/conflicting properties.
IPs of each NATS cluster member
|+ - 192.168.50.123 - 192.168.52.123
Password for NATS authentication
TCP port of NATS servers
User name for NATS authentication
- Array of hashes determining which routes will be registered.
- Each hash should have ‘port’, ‘uris’, ‘registration_interval’ and ‘name’ keys.
- ‘registration_interval’ is the delay between routing updates. It must be a time duration represented as a string (e.g. “10s”). It must parse to a positive time duration i.e. “-5s” is not permitted.
- Additionally, the ‘tags’, ‘health_check’, and ‘prepend_instance_index’ keys are optional.
- ‘uris’ is an array of URIs to register for the ‘port’.
- ‘tags’ are included in metrics that gorouter emits to support filtering.
- ‘health_check’ is a hash which should have ‘name’ and ‘script_path’.
- ‘health_check.timeout’ is optional.
If the health_check timeout is not provided, it defaults to half of the
registration_interval. If it is provided it must be a time duration represented as a string (e.g. “10s”), and less than the value of
registration_interval. It must parse to a positive time duration i.e. “-5s” is not permitted.
- if the healthcheck is not configured, the route is continually registered.
- if the healthcheck script exits with success, the route is registered.
- if the healthcheck script exits with error, the route is unregistered.
- if a timeout is configured, the healthcheck script must exit within the timeout,
otherwise it is terminated (with
SIGKILL) and the route is unregistered.
- ‘prepend_instance_index’ is a boolean. When set to true the values in ‘uris’ will be prepended with the instance index. e.g. ‘some-uri.system-domain.com’ will become ‘0-some-uri.system-domain.com’ on the instance with index 0, and ‘2-some-url.system-domain.com’ on the instance with index 2. When this value is enabled, each instance will register its own, unique, set of uris. To additionally continue to register these original uris, create another route with the same uris and set ‘prepend_instance_index’ to false (or omit the key entirely).
|+ - name: my-service registration_interval: 20s port: 12345 tags: component: my-service env: production uris: - my-service.system-domain.com - *.my-service.system-domain.com health_check: name: my-service-health_check script_path: /path/to/script timeout: 5s - name: my-debug-endpoint port: 12346 uris: - my-service.system-domain.com/debug - name: cf-mysql-proxy-api-per-instance port: 8080 uris: - proxy-cf-mysql.system.domain prepend_instance_index: true - name: cf-mysql-proxy-api port: 8081 uris: - proxy-cf-mysql.system.domain
Templates are rendered and placed onto corresponding
instances during the deployment process. This job's templates
will be placed into
- bin/pre-start (pre-start)
- bin/route_registrar_ctl (route_registrar_ctl.erb)
- config/registrar_settings.yml (registrar_settings.yml.erb)