The Director is primarily used for managing deployments.
Creation of a deployment consists of the following steps:
- Create a deployment manifest
- Upload stemcells and releases used by the manifest
- Kick off the deploy to form a deployment on the Director
Updating an existing deployment is effectively the same procedure:
- Update deployment manifest with necessary changes
- Upload new stemcells, releases, or both
- Kick off the deploy to apply changes
All of the steps above are done with a regular editor and through the BOSH CLI.
Next: Deployment Basics