(Follow Create an environment? to create the Director.)
The Director can manage multiple deployments.
Creation of a deployment consists of the following steps:
- Create a cloud config
- Create a deployment manifest
- Upload stemcells and releases from the deployment manifest
- Kick off the deploy to make a deployment on the Director
Updating an existing deployment is the same procedure:
- Update cloud config if anything changed
- Update deployment manifest if anything changed
- Upload new stemcells and/or releases if necessary
- Kick off the deploy to apply changes to the deployment
In the next several steps we are going to deploy simple Zookeeper deployment to the Director.
Next: Update Cloud Config